Alpha Mu Tau Fraternity and Education and Research Fund Scholarships
Alpha Mu Tau is a national fraternity whose purpose is the advancement of professionals in the clinical laboratory sciences. One of the prime activities of the fraternity is the granting of graduate and undergraduate scholarships for clinical laboratory science students. Applicants for graduate scholarships must be ASCLS members
The ASCLS Education and Research Fund is the charitable foundation of ASCLS and was founded to encourage and assist educational and scientific research in the field of medical laboratory science. The Fund's Scholarship Program supports education for students, practitioners and educators. Graduate applicants must be ASCLS members
Award: Recipients of these scholarships are announced at the ASCLS Awards Ceremony and the Alpha Mu Tau winners are also announced at the annual AMTF dinner; both occur at the ASCLS Annual Meeting.
Application deadline for all scholarships: April 1
The application form, required performance evaluation form and scholarship descriptions are available Nov. 1 of each year. All scholarships are administered by the Alpha Mu Tau Fraternity (AMTF). Completed applications must be postmarked by April 1 and sent to the AMTF Scholarship Coordinator as listed in the application form.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and ASCLS members
- Applicants must be accepted into or are in an approved Masters or Doctoral program in areas related to Clinical Laboratory Science including Clinical Laboratory Education or Management Programs
- Applicants cannot complete their education before the scholarship is awarded in September
- Only one application is needed for the graduate scholarships
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Applicants must be accepted into an NAACLS accredited program in Clinical Laboratory Science, to include Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Technician/Medical Laboratory Technician
- Applicants must be in or entering or in their last year of study in the calendar year in which the award is made
- Only one application is needed for all undergraduate scholarships
Alpha Mu Tau Fraternity (AMTF) Graduate and Undergraduate Scholarships
For the Graduate Scholarships, the applicant must be a member of ASCLS and cannot complete their program before the scholarship is awarded in September. For the Undergraduate Scholarships, the applicant must be entering or in their last year of study in the calendar year in which the award is made.
The amount of each scholarship depends on the AMTF general fund income (donations) and the return from and donations to the AMTF endowment funds. There are six endowment funds; Ruth French Memorial, James Holley Memorial, Dorothy Morrison Memorial, Ida and May Reilly Memorial, Martha Winstead Memorial and Royce Watson Fund. Each fund awards one, or more, scholarships per year in addition to the general fund awards.
The amount and number of awards is determined by the AMTF Finance Committee and the AMTF Scholarship Committee. 20 -25 Graduate and Undergraduate scholarships are awarded annually in amounts from $1,000.00 to $3,000.00. The awards are made during the ASCLS annual meeting. Awardees are notified by mail.
ASCLS Education and Research Fund Graduate and Undergraduate Scholarships
The graduate scholarship is awarded to a deserving student in an approved Master or Doctoral program. One scholarship for $3,000 is awarded yearly. Membership in ASCLS is required.
The undergraduate scholarship is awarded to a deserving undergraduate student in a NAACLS-approved program. Up to three scholarships for $1,500 each are awarded yearly.