In addition to providing networking, publications, continuing education and high professional standards, ASCLS recognizes members who help make this society work. The Society presents state, regional and national awards each year at annual meetings. Some members are nominated for awards; others may apply to receive awards.
Each year the Constituent Society Presidents receive the guidelines for the current year's awards program. These guidelines are availabe to everyone, and provide up-to-date information, criteria and application forms.
Following are national awards. State societies often have similar awards.
- Alpha Mu Tau Scholarships
- Board of Directors
- Promotion of the Profession Fundraising Competition
- CLS Distinguished Author
- Constituent Society Membership Awards
- Education and Research Fund Scholarships, Grants, and Awards
- Education Scientific Assembly Student Paper Award
- Forum for Concerns of Minorities
- Keys to the Future
- Lifetime Achievement - coming soon
- Member of the Year - this will be replaced by the Lifetime Achievement Award. See the Awards Guidelines above for more information.
- New Professional of the Year
- Omicron Sigma
- Scientific Research
- Bio-Rad Professional Achievement
- Student Forum Leadership
- Theriot Award