82nd Annual Meeting
Clinical Lab Expo
Attend the premier event for clinical laboratory science professionals.
- Network with hundreds fellow laboratorians and share your challenges and best practices
- Advance your knowledge and your career with more than 63 hours of P.A.C.E.®-approved education
- Experience the latest in laboratory science and technology at the Clinical Lab Expo, featuring more than 480 exhibiting companies with over 1,700 booths
- Take home practical information on methodologies, management and emerging issues
Join us as we celebrate the 82nd meeting of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science.
Online registration is now closed. Registration for the Annual Meeting will resume onsite at the Annual Meeting in the Chicago Marriott Downtown Hotel. See the Preliminary Program for registration desk hours.
Not a member? Save on registration by becoming a member of ASCLS. Download a Membership Application to return with your Registration Form.
The ASCLS host hotel is the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile. Located at 540 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, this hotel is in the heart of Uptown Chicago and is just a few blocks from The Galleria for shopping, dining and entertainment. This 23-story modern hotel is also located near the Museum and Theater districts.
ASCLS has secured discounted room rates for attendees, available until the room block is filled or until Monday, July 7, 2014. Reservations made after the ASCLS block is full, or after the July 7th deadline, are subject to space and rate availability. To reserve your room:
- Click here to make reservations online, OR
- Call the hotel at 1.877.303.0104. When calling, be sure to mention rate code: ASCLS Annual Meeting.
Room rate: $245 single/double occupancy, plus tax; $245 triple occupancy, plus tax
O’Hare International Airport
Distance from hotel: 28 miles
Drive time: 25 to 30 minutes
Average taxi fare: $45 plus tip (one way)
Distance from hotel: 16 miles
Average taxi fare: $35 plus tip (one way)
Ground Transportation (New Information)
SuperShuttle is no longer providing ground transportation services at the same prices listed in the Preliminary Program. Please schedule ground transportation with one of the shuttle services listed below:
Go Airport Express - Provides shuttle service to/from O'Hare International Airport and Midway Airport
Green Airport Shuttle - Provides shuttle service to/from O'Hare International Airport
Shuttle Bus Information (transportation to and from McCormick Place)
Attendees of the ASCLS Annual Meeting may board the AACC buses for transportation to and from McCormick Place. Be sure to wear your meeting badge when boarding the bus. Click here to view the bus route schedule.
For information to be an exhibitor, go to the Clin Lab Expo webpage.
The ASCLS Annual Meeting offers three intense days of learning. There are keynote presentations by nationally renowned speakers, scientific sessions on timely topics, informal luncheon roundtables and more. For complete details, please refer to the Preliminary Program.
You can also download the Preliminary Program in segments:
The Scientific Assembly Meetings and Luncheons are listed incorrectly on pages 10 and 31 of the Preliminary Program. The correct listing should be as follows:
Laboratory Administration/Consulting/Quality Assurance/Accreditation/Industry
Point of Care
This correction will be noted in the Annual Meeting Pocket Program.
Explain the value of the ASCLS Annual Meeting to your employer. Download a template letter explaining the return on investment of your attendance.
Poster Competition Guidelines - guidelines for poster competition (practioner, graduate and undergraduate students). This deadline has passed. Thank you to all who submitted abstracts for the 2014 Annual Meeting.
Call for Abstracts - guidelines for abstracts for posters and oral research presentations for practioners and graduate students. This deadline has passed. Thank you to all who submitted abstracts for the 2014 Annual Meeting.
Click here to view pdf files of the posters that have been accepted for presentation at the 2014 Annual Meeting.
2013 Awards Photos
Download photos from the Industry and Member Awards Ceremonies. You must be logged in to the ASCLS website to access the photos. To log in, enter your ASCLS member username and password in the upper right corner, then return to this webpage.
The 2014 Meeting App is now available!
With the ASCLS Annual Meeting Mobile App, you can view all session descriptions, create your own schedule, download session handouts (password required), rate sessions you attended and more! Download the instructional flyer for more details.
For iPhone (plus iPad & iPod Touch) and Android phones, to download: visit your App Store or Google Play on your device and search for “ASCLS 2014.”
For All Other Phone Types (including BlackBerry and other web browser-enabled phones): While on your smartphone, point your mobile browser to http://m.core-apps.com/ascls2014.
The mobile app is sponsored by Bio-Rad Laboratories.
ASCLS Provides HOPE in Chicago
ASCLS is once again giving back to the Annual Meeting host city with ASCLS Provides HOPE – Helping Other People Event. In collaboration with the Gads Hill Center, the ASCLS Promotion of the Profession committee (PPC) will be holding a donation drive at the ASCLS 2014 Annual Meeting to provide school supplies in support of Gads Hill’s many education programs Please visit the ASCLS Promotion of the Profession committee website for details, including donation ideas and collection times.
To help with the donation of laboratory supplies, Dove Medical Supply has graciously offered ASCLS members the opportunity to order lab supplies directly through them at a reasonable cost. These items will be shipped directly to Gads Hill Center. Download the order form created specifically from the Gads Hill Center's wish list and purchase your donation through Dove Medical Supply. Items highlighted in yellow indicate special pricing. Or order your donation online through Dove Medical Supply. When ordering online, use the following information:
1. User Name: 100103
2. Password: ASCLS1234
3. Click on the MY CUSTOM ITEMS tab
You can also make a monetary donation online using the ASCLS Online Store.
ASCLS seeks to make a positive impact in health care through leadership that will assure excellence in the practice of laboratory medicine. We are proud to invite job seekers and employers to the 2014 Career Fair which will be held on Friday, August 1, 2014 from 9:00am to 3:00pm at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Hotel. Click here for more details.
ASCLS student members were provided an opportunity to apply for a grant to assist with travel expenses to attend the Annual Meeting in Chicago. Thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor $5000 was available to six students to attend and experience the Annual Meeting and Clinical Lab Expo. Click here to meet the six recipients.
NEW THIS YEAR! The ASCLS Advanced Management Institute (AMI) was established to give laboratory managers practical, real life examples of how peers are coping with the demands of the C-suites in ever-changing health care institutions. We will get answers to the questions that are keeping us all up at night from experts like Drs. Michael Laposata, Mark Kellogg, Curt Hanson and Michael Astion!
- What is happening in the U.S. healthcare system and how do we deliver laboratory services that meet the new challenges?
- Where do we find the time and the plan to lead the expansion of the roles we and our staff need to play on the patient care team?
- How do we improve patient outcomes while improving business outcomes?
- Where are the latest laws and regulations taking us? Laboratory managers are under incredible pressure; during the past year, federal policymakers have continued to focus on the cost and processes of clinical laboratory services.
AMI registration is separate from registration for the 2014 ASCLS Annual Meeting. AMI Registration deadline is June 6, 2014.
Find out more information about this important 2-day workshop by downloading the brochure.
All participants registered for the 2014 Annual Meeting should receive a password to access the session handouts website.
Advanced Management Institute (AMI):
All participants registered for the 2014 AMI should receive a password to access the session handouts website.
Presentation of Candidates for the 2014-2015 National Offices
President - Elect:
Region II Director:
Region IX Director:
Region X Director:
- Can't make it to the 2014 Annual Meeting? No worries! We have you covered. And you won't even have to pack a bag! Click here to order your digital copy of the 2014 Annual Meeting. Order now your pre-meeting copy and save!
- The sessions, listed below, are sponsored by ASCP. Registration is free for ASCLS and ASCP members at checkout when registering online. Go to the website for more information and to register. Use discount code WEBASCLS at the online checkout. Don't delay! Registration is limited to 95 participants for each session and must be received by July 27th!
- Session #1: Friday, August 1, 2014; 9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. - Klebsiella pneumoniae carbapenemase (KPC)-producing Enterobacteriaceae in Chicago Long-Term Acute Care Hospitals (1.0 contact hour)
- Session #2: Friday, August 1, 2014; 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. - The Hematopathology Diagnostic Management Team: The Right Test for the Right Patient at the Right Time (1.0 contact hour)
Access the online meeting evaluation and tell us your thoughts about the 2014 Annual Meeting. We appreciate your input.
ASCLS thanks the following companies for their support of the ASCLS Annual Meeting. Visit our sponsors’ websites by clicking on the logos below.