Click on each day to view and/or download the handouts associated with each session, if available. Handouts will be uploaded as received. They are also available via the mobile meeting app.
Click here to download the list of sessions, room numbers, along with an area to record the session code once you have submitted the session evaluation online.
- Please submit all comments online by March 31, 2018.
9:00 am - 9:30 am MediaLab, Inc.
9:30 am - 10:00 am Siemens Healthineers
10:00 am - 10:30 am American Medical Technologist
10:30 am - 11:00 am Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Note Taking Skills for Student Success
- Want a Quick and Easy Way to Improve Your Course? Let the CAT Out of the Bag!
- Microbiology Clinical Intensive Rotation-Education’s Response to Changes in Industry
- The Colorful Hats of a Program Director
Poster & Technology Demonstrations Abstracts, Questions & Online Quiz
- “Leave” Them Thinking: Using Interleaving to Promote Retention in a Capstone Review Course
- Hot Topics:
- ECLIPS (Excellence in Clinical Laboratory Integration into Interprofessional Simulation): Bringing Lab Education into a New Era
- Guided Career Paths in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- LL01 – Clinical Laboratory Science Graduate Student Research without Funding
- LL02 – Did Someone Say FREE? Utilizing a Learning Management System in a Hospital based Program
- LL03 – Entry Level Curriculum: What Is It and How Could I Use It?
- LL04 – Preparing for Evolving Clinical Microbiology Rotations
- LL05 – Critical Conversations
- R01 – New Faculty Roundtable
- R02 – MLS Programs Only
- R03 – MLT Programs Only
- R04 – Hospital-Based Programs Only
- R05 – Discussing the Discussion: Why Discussion Boards Are Vital in Online Teaching
- R06 – A Program Saved by Community Funded Partnering
- R07 – Effective Phlebotomy Programs — Training Phlebotomists that Employers Want to Hire
- R08 – Quality Improvement: Teaching Systems Theory
- R09 – Face-to-Face Labs vs. Hybrid Labs: A Comparison of Student Performance in an Introductory Microbiology Course for a Two-year Period
- R10 - Challenges Encountered with Clinical Affiliation Agreements
- R11 – e-Accessibility – The 5 W’s … and How!
- R12 – Scheduling Clinicals in a Hospital-Based Program
- R13 – FERPA Compliance in the Digital Age
- R14 – Lead Testing IPE Collaboration with Nursing Program
- R15 – MASH — A Blast from Past to Combat Shortages
- R16 – e-Portfolios Using PowerPoint
- R17 – Engaging Students in State Professional Societies: Meetings, Posters, and Student Bowl
- R18 – Onsite Clinical for Blood Bank
- R19 – Replenishing the Medical Laboratory Scientist Supply: Innovative Education Partnership
- R20 – Characteristics of Effective Educators
- R21 – Surviving Huge Budget Cuts
- R22 – Incorporating Interprofessional Education (IPE) into the MLS Curriculum
- Grants! A Guide to Finding Money for CLS Professionals
- The Use of Virtual Laboratories to Enhance the Laboratory Sciences Curriculum
- Best Practices for Hospital-based MLS Programs
- Hot Topics:
- Strategies for a Successful Program Assessment
- Pre- and Post-Analytic Phases — What Is Important?
- Medical Laboratory Educators Choose Wisely
- Writing in the Discipline of CLS: Writing Intense Pedagogy
- Minutes - August 2017 Business Meeting
- ESA Presentation Materials
- CEPI Presentation Materials
- Developing Multidiscipline Clinical Laboratory Educational Programs to Meet the Challenges of Delivering Personalized Care Medicine
- Real-time & Paperless Clinical Recordkeeping
- Professional Development Assessment in Multiple Learning Formats and Environments
- Harvesting Publication-Ready Manuscripts from the Senior Capstone Experience
- Educational Leadership: Lessons Learned from Harvard
Online Overall Meeting Evaluation - Tell us how we did! Evaluate the overall CLEC 2018 meeting online. Deadline for submission is March 31, 2018.
Call for Proposals CLEC 2019 – online program proposal submission; deadline is April 30, 2018
Call for Abstracts CLEC 2019 – poster and technology demonstration submission instructions; deadline is October 1, 2018.
Thank you to the volunteers who created an outstanding program for CLEC 2018.
- Karen Chandler, CLEC 2018 Co-Chair
- Brandy Greenhill, CLEC 2018 Co-Chair
- Muneeza Esani
- Jun Gu
- Sharon Verg Johnson
- Deidre Parsons
- Joan Polancic
- Linda Smith
- Theresa Spain
- Mary Lou Turgeon
- Darius Wilson, ESA Chair, 2016-2018