February 23-25, 2017
Attend the most important annual event for faculty, administrators, directors, advisers and others in clinical laboratory science education: the Clinical Laboratory Educators’ Conference.
Whether your goal is to identify trends and strategies, manage change, enhance instructional skills, or develop innovative teaching techniques, CLEC is the place to be.
Click here to view the CLEC 2017 conference schedule.
Event App Instructions
CLEC Poster Presentations and Technology Demonstration
Eleven outstanding abstracts were selected for poster presentation or technology demonstration at CLEC 2017. Visit the exhibit hall (Grand Ballroom F) at the following days/times for viewing:
- Thursday, February 23: 11:30am - 12:30pm and 6:30-8:30pm (authors present to answer questions)
- Friday, February 24: 9:30 - 10:30am (authors present to answer questions)
The format of quiz associated with posters and technology demonstration has changed. Participants will only be able to complete the quiz online. The quiz will be made available to attendees via our new Learning Management System. A coupon code is required for completion. Visit the CLEC online community for more information.
The abstracts selected for presentation are below. Click on each title to read the abstract.
- Master of Science in Pathologists' Assistant Studies: A Unique Graduate Opportunity for Clinical Laboratory Scientists
- Partnerships for Program Enhancements – Inter-Professional Simulation Collaboration
- The Effect of Learning by Doing in the Instrumentation Course at Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico
- Prevention of Digital Cheating with Respondus Monitor
- Development and Implementation of a Simulated Laboratory Information System to Enhance Student Critical Thinking Skills and Laboratory Operations
- Transition of a Hospital Based to a University Based MLS Program
- A New Model for Teaching Clinical Mass Spectrometry
- Interprofessional Education for Clinical Laboratory Science and Physician Assistant Students Using Point of Care Testing
- Paving the Path for Student Success – It Is Not All About the Students!
- Teaching Clinical Laboratory Science As Part of a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Health Program to Blind and Vision-Impaired Students
- Promoting Interprofessionalism in an Academic Environment
CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR CLEC 2018
Click here to submit a proposal for an educational session at the 2018 CLEC. The deadline for submission is Friday, April 28th. Proposals should include:
- Proposed topic
- Suggested speaker
- Brief description of the proposed session
Choose from a variety of session formats:
- Roundtables –luncheon small group discussion of 9 attendees & facilitator; one hour in length
- Lunch 'n Learn sessions – either specialized or general interest topic; one hour in length
- Hot Topics - short presentations highlighting a new teaching technique, recruitment idea or other novel ideas; 15 minutes in length
- Concurrent sessions – either specialized or general interest topic; 1.5 hours in length
- General Sessions - general interest topic; 1-1.5 hours in length
The 2018 CLEC will be held February 22-24 in Houston, TX.