Click on each day to view and/or download the handouts associated with each session, if available. Handouts will be uploaded as received. They are also available via the mobile meeting app.
- Please submit all comments online by March 31, 2018.
9:00 am - 9:30 am MediaLab, Inc.
9:30 am - 10:00 am Siemens Healthineers
10:00 am - 10:30 am American Medical Technologist
10:30 am - 11:00 am Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Note Taking Skills for Student Success
- Want a Quick and Easy Way to Improve Your Course? Let the CAT Out of the Bag!
- Microbiology Clinical Intensive Rotation-Education’s Response to Changes in Industry
- The Colorful Hats of a Program Director
Poster & Technology Demonstrations Abstracts, Questions & Online Quiz
- “Leave” Them Thinking: Using Interleaving to Promote Retention in a Capstone Review Course
- Hot Topics:
- ECLIPS (Excellence in Clinical Laboratory Integration into Interprofessional Simulation): Bringing Lab Education into a New Era
- Guided Career Paths in Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- LL01 – Clinical Laboratory Science Graduate Student Research without Funding
- LL02 – Did Someone Say FREE? Utilizing a Learning Management System in a Hospital based Program
- LL03 – Entry Level Curriculum: What Is It and How Could I Use It?
- LL04 – Preparing for Evolving Clinical Microbiology Rotations
- LL05 – Critical Conversations
- R01 – New Faculty Roundtable
- R02 – MLS Programs Only
- R03 – MLT Programs Only
- R04 – Hospital-Based Programs Only
- R05 – Discussing the Discussion: Why Discussion Boards Are Vital in Online Teaching
- R06 – A Program Saved by Community Funded Partnering
- R07 – Effective Phlebotomy Programs — Training Phlebotomists that Employers Want to Hire
- R08 – Quality Improvement: Teaching Systems Theory
- R09 – Face-to-Face Labs vs. Hybrid Labs: A Comparison of Student Performance in an Introductory Microbiology Course for a Two-year Period
- R10 - Challenges Encountered with Clinical Affiliation Agreements
- R11 – e-Accessibility – The 5 W’s … and How!
- R12 – Scheduling Clinicals in a Hospital-Based Program
- R13 – FERPA Compliance in the Digital Age
- R14 – Lead Testing IPE Collaboration with Nursing Program
- R15 – MASH — A Blast from Past to Combat Shortages
- R16 – e-Portfolios Using PowerPoint
- R17 – Engaging Students in State Professional Societies: Meetings, Posters, and Student Bowl
- R18 – Onsite Clinical for Blood Bank
- R19 – Replenishing the Medical Laboratory Scientist Supply: Innovative Education Partnership
- R20 – Characteristics of Effective Educators
- R21 – Surviving Huge Budget Cuts
- R22 – Incorporating Interprofessional Education (IPE) into the MLS Curriculum
- Grants! A Guide to Finding Money for CLS Professionals
- The Use of Virtual Laboratories to Enhance the Laboratory Sciences Curriculum
- Best Practices for Hospital-based MLS Programs
- Hot Topics:
- Strategies for a Successful Program Assessment
- Pre- and Post-Analytic Phases — What Is Important?
- Medical Laboratory Educators Choose Wisely
- Writing in the Discipline of CLS: Writing Intense Pedagogy
- Minutes - August 2017 Business Meeting
- ESA Presentation Materials
- CEPI Presentation Materials
- Developing Multidiscipline Clinical Laboratory Educational Programs to Meet the Challenges of Delivering Personalized Care Medicine
- Real-time & Paperless Clinical Recordkeeping
- Professional Development Assessment in Multiple Learning Formats and Environments
- Harvesting Publication-Ready Manuscripts from the Senior Capstone Experience
P.A.C.E.® Attendee Letter - Instructions for obtaining P.A.C.E® credit at CLEC 2018.
Online Overall Meeting Evaluation - Tell us how we did! Evaluate the overall CLEC 2018 meeting online. Deadline for submission is March 31, 2018.
Call for Proposals CLEC 2019 – online program proposal submission; deadline is April 30, 2018
Call for Abstracts CLEC 2019 – poster and technology demonstration submission instructions; deadline is October 1, 2018.
Thank you to the volunteers who created an outstanding program for CLEC 2018.
- Karen Chandler, CLEC 2018 Co-Chair
- Brandy Greenhill, CLEC 2018 Co-Chair
- Muneeza Esani
- Jun Gu
- Sharon Verg Johnson
- Deidre Parsons
- Joan Polancic
- Linda Smith
- Theresa Spain
- Mary Lou Turgeon
- Darius Wilson, ESA Chair, 2016-2018