Education and Research Fund, Inc.
The American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science Education and Research Fund administers member grants to support Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science research. The sources for these grants are contributions from our members, Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science practitioners, and corporate underwriters. Grants of up to $5000 may be presented annually.
Each winner is awarded up to $5000 in support of their investigation at the ASCLS Annual Meeting awards ceremony.
- Professional member of ASCLS.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Scientist or Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician with national certification.
- One peer reference on institutional letterhead must accompany application and proposal. The reference writer must provide contract information, may be an immedate supervisor and must evaluate the investigator's ability to complete the project.
- Educational tuition and curriculum development.
- Stipends for applicants and assistants.
- Manuscript preparation and publication cost.
- Purchasing standard equipment and supplies normally available in a clinical or research laboratory.
- Travel to scientific meetings.
- Indirect costs. Funds are for direct support of the proposed investigation.
- A statement must be emailed to the ASCLS Executive Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org within six months after project completion explaining how the funds were used. Awardees who do not submit a report are ineligible for further awards.
- Awardees seeking an extension or additional support for continuation of a previously supported project must submit a new application accompanied by a progress report. Up to two extensions may be granted.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit their work for presentation at the ASCLS Annual Meeting and for publication in Clinical Laboratory Science.
Application deadline: May 1
Please complete and forward your application form with your research proposal and additional documentation by email addressed to the ASCLS Education and Research Fund c/o ASCLS Executive Vice President at email@example.com.