NOMINATIONS DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 15
- The purpose of the ASCLS New Professional Leadership Award is to recognize a member who has contributed significantly to the field of clinical laboratory science and to ASCLS in their first five years in the profession.
AWARD: All nominees will receive a plaque and recognition at the ASCLS Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony where the winner will be announced and receive a plaque.
NOMINATIONS: Submit all nominee data and forms via the Online Awards Application (note: additional details below).
The nominee must be:
- A graduate who is currently in their 1st – 5th year working in the profession
- A current member at the time of award presentation
- Actively involved in ASCLS and the profession of clinical laboratory science
- The current New Professional and New Member Director on the Board of Directors is NOT eligible for this award during their tenure on the Board.
Please remember: To be nominated for this award is an honor in itself. Each constituent society is asked to nominate a deserving member.
Please weigh the qualifications and choice of this outstanding member carefully. The judges of this award have the difficult task of selecting a winner based on the information provided on the forms. Please pay particular attention to how you complete them. Your thoughtful presentation of the candidate's merit, accurate completion of the forms and careful attention to the deadline will ensure your nominee the full consideration he/she deserves.
Each constituent society/region may present one nominee. A previous nomination will not disqualify a person for re-nomination.
Nomination may be made by the constituent society President or Regional Director. It is the nominator's responsibility to make sure the society's nominee understands what must be submitted, and does the follow-through to see that deadlines are observed.
A nomination letter in support of the merits of the nominee as an individual and as an active member of the national, regional and/or state and local ASCLS societies must be included. It is the nominator’s responsibility to write and submit the nomination letter. Points are awarded from the nomination letter in terms of significant contributions to ASCLS and/or the profession not outlined by the nominee.
All forms must be typed and submitted electronically to the Awards Committee via the Online Awards Application. CV's are not acceptable. Electronic "signatures" are acceptable on the signature lines for the nominating Constituent Society President or Regional Director, as well as the nominee.
The nomination form, application coversheet and nominee application form must be submitted to the Awards Committee by February 15. Nominations lacking any form will not be accepted.
The recipient of this award is selected by his/her contribution to the profession and ASCLS over the entire duration of their FYP, Professional I and/or Professional II membership. In selecting nominees, constituent societies/regions should look at new professionals who have made significant contributions during the past year and who also show an aptitude for leadership.
- All nominees are evaluated by their involvement in 2 categories:
1. Participation in & awards received for ASCLS activities at local, state, regional and national levels
2. Contributions to the CLS profession and ASCLS
The Awards Committee reserves the right to withhold the award for the current year if nominees do not meet requirements.