Thank you for agreeing to share your expertise at the 2019 Annual Meeting, to be held June 23 - 27 in Charlotte, NC.
The Annual Meeting is a partnership between you, the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS), the Association of Genetic Technologists (AGT), and the Annual Meeting Steering Committee to provide continuing education and networking opportunities for lab administrators, directors, supervisors, staff, educators, students and others in the field of clinical laboratory science. We are eager to publicize your participation in the Annual Meeting program. We appreciate both your cooperation in providing necessary information and your compliance with all program deadlines. Please review the following information, and submit your response no later than January 4, 2019. By submitting this form, you confirm your understanding and acceptance of the terms of your participation as stated in this agreement. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Pam Magnani at 703-679-2016.
This agreement confirms that the presenter will:
- Plan and present the Annual Meeting session described in your presenter invitation email. Presenter online agreement must be received by January 4, 2019. If it is not received by this date, you may be required to forfeit this presenting invitation.
- Submit all handout materials electronically by May 20, 2019.
- Submit one PowerPoint presentation electronically by May 20, 2019.
Permissions and Copyright
- Presenter warrants to ASCLS that he/she has secured any copyright permission for any materials not owned by the presenter, not otherwise covered by "fair use" and which are included in the Presenter’s presentation and handouts. Beyond “fair use,” copyrighted materials must not be included in presentations or handouts without license from copyright holders. Presenter agrees to indemnify and hold ASCLS & AGT harmless against any claims relating to copyright infringement.
- Presenter agrees to provide ASCLS with an unlimited, non-exclusive license to record, store, and distribute content delivered by presenters as part of this Presenter Agreement.
ASCLS will provide the following:
- Distribution of handout materials as stipulated in the Presenter Guidelines and Information.
- Uploading of presentation to AV equipment prior to Presenter's session (if submitted by May 20, 2019)
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT:
- Meeting rooms will be equipped with an LCD projector, a screen, cables and laptop. Please notify Pam Magnani at email@example.com by May 20, 2019 if you require any equipment other than the items indicated above. It will not be possible to make equipment changes on site. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- ROOM SET-UP:
- Most sessions will be set classroom style (tables and chairs) with the possible exception of the keynote sessions which may be set theater style (chairs only) and other sessions for which previous formats have been arranged. Alternate room setup requests will be considered. Please contact Pam Magnani at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- Presenters who have accepted our presenting invitation and are interested in attending Annual Meeting may do so at a discounted rate. Online registration will be available by March 2019. A discount registration code will be provided for you to register online.
- Presenters will receive honoraria as stipulated in individual presenter invitations.
- Presenters are responsible for making their own lodging arrangements at the Sheraton Charlotte Hotel or Le Mèridien Charlotte. Reservation information will be sent with registration details.
- The Annual Meeting provides a pre-meeting handout website, where your electronic handout will be posted. This enables participants to preview all sessions and pre-print their own handouts. Submit handouts via the Annual Meeting Presenter website (http://www.ascls.org/annual-meeting-speaker-presentation-materials) by May 20, 2019.
- POWERPOINT PRESENTATION:
- In order to ensure audio and visual success, we require that one PowerPoint presentation be submitted via the Annual Meeting Presenter Website (http://www.ascls.org/annual-meeting-speaker-presentation-materials) by May 20, 2019. The slides should be uploaded as a .ppt or .pptx file. Please do not submit slides in PDF format. Should you update your PowerPoint presentation after May 20, 2019, you are responsible for bringing the updated version on a USB thumb drive.
ASCLS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS AGREEMENT IF PRESENTER FAILS TO SUBMIT THE AGREEMENT AND OTHER APPROPRIATE COURSE INFORMATION BY THE SPECIFIED DATE.
The foregoing is in accordance with my understanding of our agreement. Amendments or changes to this agreement must be made in writing and must be signed by all parties.