- Five $1000 travel grants for undergraduate students provided by the Beckman Coulter Foundation
- One $500 travel grant for an ASCLS Developing Professional provided by the ASCLS Diversity Advocacy Council (DAC)
- Four $500 travel grants for ASCLS Developing Professionals provided by the ASCLS Developing Professionals Forum (DPF)
- Six $1000 travel grants for ASCLS Ascending Professionals provided by the ASCLS Ascending Professionals Forum (APF)
How to Apply:
- Complete the online form below. Items with an asterick (*) are required.
- Upload both requested documents:
- Statement of Purpose Essay: In an essay of 500 words or less, describe why you would like to attend the 2019 Joint Annual Meeting. Include any recent or current involvement at the local, state, and national levels of ASCLS. Document should be uploaded in Microsoft Word format.
- Character Reference: Upload one (1) Professional / Character Reference Letter. Some examples of professional references include: Program director, Professor, or Supervisor.
Deadline for Submission: Monday, April 29, 2019
Note: We will NOT ask for missing documents. Only COMPLETED APPLICATIONS will be reviewed.
To be considered for a travel grant, each applicant must:
- Be a current ASCLS member. Your application must coincide with your membership category:
- Developing Professional members are eligibile to apply for the DPF and DAC travel grants
- Ascending Professional member are eligible to apply for the APF travel grant
- Have registered as a full conference attendee to the 2019 ASCLS Annual Meeting. The registration will be confirmed by the ASCLS National Office.
- Not be the current ASCLS National Student Forum Chair, Vice-Chair, or Secretary.
- Not be a current or former U.S. or Canadian healthcare professional with an M.D. degree.
Preference is given to the following:
- Members who have a record of active professional/student organization involvement and/or interest in professional activities.
- Applicants who are not receiving funding from any other ASCLS source. If you are receiving outside funding, please be sure to list this assistance in your Statement of Purpose essay (e.g. – from your state or region society, education program).
To receive a travel grant, grantees must:
- Attend the 2019 Joint Annual Meeting for the entire duration. Mandatory attendance is expected at the following events:
- All DPF and APF events at the Annual Meeting
- The Issues Update/Professional Issues Open Forum and the House of Delegates
- A photo shoot at the Awards Ceremony
- The DAC meeting (DAC travel grant winner only)
- Complete a W-9 form.
- Submit a one-page summary of your experiences within 2 weeks of the end of the Annual Meeting.
NOTE: All recipients will be awarded half of the grant funds prior to the meeting and the remaining half of the funds following the meeting. Remaining grant funds will not be disbursed unless all of the above grant requirements are met by required deadlines. Please consider this information when making travel arrangements.
It is expected that recipients will maintain their ASCLS Membership and provide active service at the local, state or national level after receipt of grant.