We're excited to announce that two new sessions have been added to the 2020 ASCLS & AGT Virtual Joint Annual Meeting educational program. The virtual event, held June 28-July 2, includes nearly 60 hours of P.A.C.E.®-approved continuing education on a flexible schedule that you choose, either real-time or recorded sessions streaming up to 30 days after the meeting. Register by June 23!
How the Coronavirus is Impacting Higher Education
Wednesday, July 1, 10:00 am EDT
- Charity Accurso, PhD, MLS(ASCP)CM, University of Cincinnati
- Julie Hall, MHS, MT(ASCP), Grand Valley State University
- Peter Hu, PhD, FACSc, MLS(ASCP)CM, CG, MB, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Yasmen Simonian, PhD, MLS(ASCP)CM, FASAHP, Weber State University
This panel will discuss some of the impacts the coronavirus has had on higher education, including impacts on enrollment, budgets, clinical instruction and plans for the upcoming academic year.
The Mystery of Lab Safety Regulations
Wednesday, July 1, 11:15 am EDT
- Dan Scungio, MT(ASCP), SLS, CQA(ASQ)
Does OSHA really care about gum chewing in the lab? What PPE should I be wearing during this pandemic? Does my chemical waste need to be in my line of site? Getting buy-in from staff and having them follow safety regulations is difficult, and helping them to understand why the regulations exist can help with that. This session will help you understand the mystery of those strange regulations and even teach you how to dig deep to find those answers on your own.