The new Virtual Joint Annual Meeting, June 28-July 2, will allow you to participate in nearly 60 hours of P.A.C.E.®-approved continuing education on a flexible schedule that you choose, either live or recorded streaming up to 30 days after the meeting. Even virtually, you can come together with your community of laboratory professionals for support and camaraderie during this challenging time. Here are some tips to help you have a great experience.
Create a Schedule that is Right for You
As a registered attendee, you will have access to all 60 educational sessions, both live and recorded. You get to choose which sessions you want to attend live and which sessions you will view later when the time is right. Design a schedule that fits your work and personal life. Take breaks when you need them—there is no right or wrong way to attend the Virtual Joint Annual Meeting.
Technology is Your Friend
All Joint Annual Meeting educational sessions and events will be held through Zoom webinars and Zoom meetings and will be accessible through the event app. Attend the meeting through your computer, smart phone, or tablet.
Registrants should download the event app to access valuable resources:
- Up-to-date program schedule with session descriptions, speaker bios, handouts, and direct links to both live and recorded sessions.
- See a list of all registered attendees and network with others directly through the app.
- Engage with the poster authors and presentations
- Visit industry partner profiles and connect directly with representatives for one-on-one conversations and demonstrations.
- Share photos, resources, and insights with fellow attendees to feel connected when we’re physically distant.
You can test your Zoom connections ahead of time to ensure you're ready when the meeting starts.
Make Time for Fun, Too!
Because all education and no fun makes for a boring virtual conference, the meeting includes opportunities to take a break and get to know each other.
- Organized virtual group activities, such a chair yoga, creative time, JAM sessions—small group discussions on specific topics—and more.
- Anyone who registers by the early deadline (June 1) will receive a “Conference Kit” in the mail that includes surprise items to participate in the group activities.
- Take part in virtual challenges through the event app.
- Celebrate the achievements of ASCLS and AGT members through virtual awards recognition.
- Share your experiences and connect with others through social media. Follow ASCLS and AGT on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Be sure to use the hashtags #Labucate20, #TheRealAGT, #IamASCLS, and #Lab4Life.