At this year’s Clinical Laboratory Educators Conference (CLEC) you can raise money for educators, have fun, and come away with some truly unique items—all at the same time. The ASCLS Education & Research Fund trustees invite you to participate in a Silent Auction during Thursday evening’s reception and help raise funds for grants for clinical laboratory educators.
ASCLS members and industry partners have donated about 40 items already, including:
- Remote peer teaching evaluations from Mary Ann McLane and Rachel Morris
- A quilted bag
- Handmade greeting card sets
- Antique Clinical Diagnosis manuals (7th and 10th editions)
- Bottles of wine (to use when grading 😊)
- Sets of coloring books, pencils, and markers, including "Lab Colors" coloring books from NCSCLS
- P.A.C.E.® self-study review textbooks
Attendees and exhibitors are welcome to submit additional items to be included in the bidding. Be mindful that winning bidders will have to pack their items for travel home, so no large pieces of instrumentation, please. 😊
Donated items should be dropped off at the CLEC Registration Desk when you check in. The Silent Auction will take place in the Maryland Ballroom foyer on Thursday, February 21, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Contact Mary Ann McLane for more information or to donate an item.
Established in 1953, the 501(c)3 non-profit ASCLS Education & Research Fund Inc provides scholarships, research grants, and professional awards that grow the medical laboratory science profession and enhance the essential services provided by laboratory professionals. Your support for the Silent Auction helps to build a strong future for our profession.