The 2019 Clinical Laboratory Educators Conference (CLEC) concluded in Baltimore on February 23. We saw 521 registered attendees, which breaks the registration record for the fourth straight year. In addition, we had 46 industry representatives, which is also a record. And the ASCLS Education & Research Fund raised nearly $2,000 for scholarships with its Silent Auction.
Here are a some comments from attendees about the most positive aspects of CLEC 2019:
- "Meeting so many educators in my profession was exciting. Learning a few good teaching strategies was important."
- "The most positive take-aways were probably the contacts made with vendors for possible purchases for the program."
- "Learning how others are innovating ways to solve the issue of lack of blood bank and micro rotations."
- "Great educational experience for first-time instructors. It really gave me valuable material to bring back to my classroom."
- "The people that come to the CLEC conference are laboratory professionals that are passionate about their career and interested in making it grow "
You can view the photos taken during the conference on Friday, February 22.
CLEC 2020 will be held in Orlando, Florida, February 27-29, 2020. Join us!