The Clinical Laboratory Educators Conference (CLEC) is the premier educational conference for faculty, administrators, directors, advisers, and others in clinical laboratory science education. Take it from last year’s CLEC attendees who shared the most positive aspects of the CLEC 2019 program.
Networking, Networking, Networking
- “Good thought-provoking sessions, a variety of educational topics related to challenges in the field, the best networking event for educators of MLS in the United States.”
- “Although I have been an educator for over 30 years, I always find something new to bring back. And as a new hospital-based educator, the networking was very important.”
- “The ability to talk to others and see what issues they have and how they have dealt with them.”
- “The networking and the information gathering. I have a lot to learn but feel like I have an idea of what I need to get there!”
- “I realized that everybody there was struggling with the same issues with their students as my program.”
Professional Education Designed for Educators
- “It is just for educators, so the topics are all related to my current job.”
- “Lots of diversity in the program presentations—I could find topics I was interested in in every time slot."
Insights from Industry Partners
- “The most positive take-aways were probably the contacts made with vendors for possible purchases for the program.”
Energy and Inspiration
- “Meeting so many educators in my profession was exciting. Learning a few good teaching strategies was important.”
- “The buy-in that attendees have! So many educators that love what they do, fighting through the challenges, and working hard to use the resources they have to train solid laboratorians!”
- “There was a forward-thinking vibe, a sense that change is happening, movement into interprofessional thinking. It was great!!”
Registration for CLEC 2020 will open November 1. Stay tuned for more information and make plans now to join us in Orlando next February 27-29!