The American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science Education and Research Fund administers the I. Dean Spradling Graduate Research Grant, designed to support graduate student Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science research. The grant is sponsored by Scott and Sumner Spradling in memory of I. Dean Spradling, founder of Infolab, Inc..
Each winner is awarded up to $2,200 in support of their research investigation.
Student member or professional member of ASCLS.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Graduate student at the time the research award is presented.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Scientist or Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician accepted to or presently enrolled in an accredited Master of Science or Doctoral program in or related to Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science.
- One graduate faculty reference on institutional letterhead must accompany this application and proposal. The faculty person must provide full contact information and evaluate the investigator’s ability to complete the project.
- Educational tuition.
- Stipends for investigators or assistants.
- Manuscript preparation and publication costs.
- Purchasing standard equipment and supplies customarily available in a clinical or research laboratory.
- Indirect cost recovery. Funds are for direct support of the proposed investigation.
- A written report regarding the status of your grant, detailing the outcomes, manuscripts/posters generated and expenditure of funds must be emailed to the ASCLS Executive Vice President at email@example.com by December 31 of the following year. This report is due regardless of whether you have completed the project by then. Awardees who do not submit a final report are ineligible for further awards.
- Awardees seeking an extension or additional support for continuation of a previously supported project must submit a new application accompanied by a progress report. Up to two extensions may be granted.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit their work for presentation at the ASCLS Annual Meeting and for publication in Clinical Laboratory Science.
Application deadline: December 15
Please complete and forward your application form with your grant proposal and additional documentation by email to ASCLS Executive Vice President Jim Flanigan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic documents are accepted.