Education and Research Fund, Inc.
The American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science Education and Research Fund administers member grants to support Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science research. The sources for these grants are contributions from our members, Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science practitioners, and corporate underwriters. Grants of up to $5,000 may be presented annually.
Each winner is awarded up to $5,000 in support of their investigation at the ASCLS Annual Meeting awards ceremony.
- Professional member of ASCLS.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Scientist or Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technician with national certification.
- One reference on institutional letterhead must accompany application and proposal. The reference writer must be a supervisor who can verify that the investigator will be given administrative support and release time to complete the proposed project.
- Educational tuition.
- Stipends for applicants and assistants.
- Manuscript preparation and publication cost.
- Purchasing standard equipment and supplies normally available in a clinical or research laboratory.
- Indirect costs. Funds are for direct support of the proposed investigation.
- A written report regarding the status of your grant, detailing the outcomes, manuscripts/posters generated and expenditure of funds must be emailed to the ASCLS Executive Vice President at email@example.com by July 1 of the following year. This report is due regardless of whether you have completed the project by then. Awardees who do not submit a final report are ineligible for further awards.
- Awardees seeking an extension or additional support for continuation of a previously supported project must submit a new application accompanied by a progress report. Up to two extensions may be granted.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit their work for presentation at the ASCLS Annual Meeting and for publication in Clinical Laboratory Science.
Application deadline: April 1
Please complete and forward your application form with your research proposal and additional documentation by email addressed to the ASCLS Education and Research Fund c/o ASCLS Executive Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.